Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Cell phones during davening

I just davened in a "Factory Minyan" that has Minyonim every few minutes for Mincha and Maariv and I must say that I'm really getting annoyed of every single cell phone ringing during davening. Why can't people just switch their phones either to vibrate, or shut them off while Davening??!! Then there are the people who insist on answering them and going "nu uh huh, nu nu uh huh huh? nu! uh huh", as if to say I'm davening right now & I'll call u back in five minutes. Last but not least we can't forget the group of individuals who while davening Shmona Esray and their cell phone rings, they simply IGNORE the phone and let it ring away and disturb everyone else's Tefillos! I guess this group of people feel that since they are being "Omed Lifnei Hamelech" they can't stop for a second and shut the phone off; but rather disturb the rest of the Minyon with some silly ringer like Yackov Shwekey singing Bag Bag! Grow up, people!
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:trackback="http://madskills.com/public/xml/rss/module/trackback/"> -->

<< Home